8. Basic user’s rights.
With the purpose of being clear with website users, we provide you all the information related to your rights that the new General Data Protection Regulation offers to you.
|Basic information of protection data
- The organisation must inform about:
- The purposes of the treatment, categories of personal data that are processed and the possible data communications and their recipients.
- If possible, the period of conservation of your data. If not, the criteria to determine this term.
- The right to request the rectification or suppression of the data, the limitation to the treatment, or to oppose it.
- The right to file a claim with the Control Authority.
- If an international data transfer occurs, receive information on the appropriate guarantees.
- The existence of automated decisions (including profiles), the applied logic and consequences of this treatment
- To rectify inaccurate data and complete incomplete personal data, even with an additional declaration.
- Interested parties can request:
- The suppression of personal data without due delay when any of the cases contemplated concur. For example, illicit treatment of data, or when the purpose that motivated the treatment or collection.
- However, a series of exceptions are regulated in which this right will not apply. For example, when the right to freedom of expression and information should prevail.
|Limitation of the treatment
- Interested parties can:
- Request the person in charge to suspend the processing of data when:
- The accuracy of the data is contested, while the accuracy is verified by the person responsible.
- The interested party has exercised his right of opposition to the processing of data, while verifying if the legitimate reasons of the responsible party prevail over the interested party.
- Ask the person responsible to keep your personal data when:
- The data processing is illegal, and the interested party opposes the deletion of their data and requests instead the limitation of its use.
- The person in charge no longer needs the data for the purposes of the treatment, but the interested party does need them for the formulation, exercise or defence of claims.
- Interested parties can:
- Receive the personal data provided in a structured format, of common use and mechanical reading, and be able to transmit
them to another responsible, whenever technically possible.
- Interested parties can oppose to the personal data treatment:
- When for reasons related to your personal situation, the processing of your data must cease unless a legitimate interest is
proven or is necessary for the exercise or defence of claims.
- When the treatment is focused at direct marketing.
|Not to be object of individualized decision
- Interested parties have the right not to be the subject of a decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling, which produces legal effects or affects them.
- When it is necessary for the conclusion or execution of a contract.
- When it is allowed by the Law of the EU or the Member States, with adequate measures to safeguard the rights and freedoms of the owner of the data.
- When there is explicit consent of the owner of the data.
10. Responsible Gambling
10.1. SOFTQUO HOLDING LTD is a responsible B2B operator, fully dedicated to Social Responsibility. Together with our partners we are committed to the safety of all risk groups and vulnerable people, especially minors and those unauthorised to gamble.
10.2. SOFTQUO HOLDING LTD considers that gambling needs to be enjoyed in a responsible manner so we do our best to ensure a safe experience.
10.3. We are licensed and certified to operate in the most strictly regulated jurisdictions such as MGA, UKGC, Spain… In our website you will be able to see the following displayed logos:
10.4. Player support is handled directly by the Operator B2C you have enrolled with. For further information and access to help and support, please check their Responsible Gambling pages and information links.
10.5. SOFTQUO HOLDING LTD recommends players to:
- Keep track of the time spent gambling. When online or in person, consider setting an alarm to remind you when to stop.
- Set account limits to control your gambling. With your Online Operator, you can set limits for your account, there are tools you can use to keep yourself in check, such as self-exclusion, as self-assessment, time limits, deposit limits...
- Monitor how much you are spending.
- Avoid having multiple accounts as this makes it much harder to manage what you spend.
- Be mindful of a growing habit or problem, it’s easy to get lost in the game. We recommend that you seek help if you feel you’re getting carried away. Below some information which you may find useful:
Associations and centres offering support and help:
The “Responsible Gambling” section contains a list of establishments and associations which specialise in gaming pathology which players may consult and where they may seek professional help:
JUGADORES ANÓNIMOS DE ESPAÑA :
ANNEX A – CONTACT DETAILS
Responsible: SOFTQUO HOLDINGS LTD
Data protection officer: MARINA ANTÚNEZ FERNÁNDEZ
If you have any problem with the information or solutions provided, you can contact with Malta's Office of the Data Protection Commissioner
Data Protection Commissioner: Mr Joseph Ebejer
2, Airways House
High Street, Sliema SLM 1549
Fax +356 2328 7198
For another Data Protection Commissioner you can enter in the following link